[Techtalk] Farewell

Valerie Henson val.henson at gmail.com
Tue May 8 21:14:01 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, Doc Nielsen <docnielsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> To all
>
> For what it's worth,
>
> i've been in the #irc room with meredydd, jenn, colby and val for the
> past hour or so, trying to figure out what to do about my behaviour on
> irc, and we have come to the point of no return.
>
> I therefore bid you all a very fond farewell. Linuxchix has been great
> to me, but i am just upsetting to many people, so i have been asked to
> leave.

Wondering why Doc left?  Judge for yourself:

http://infohost.nmt.edu/~val/doc_log.txt

Context: The IRC admins received multiple complaints about Doc's
behavior and sent him an email outlining the complaints and asking for
a response.  His reply was less than satisfactory.

If you have any reply that you really think needs to be sent, please
do NOT reply to all.  Reply only to grrltalk.  Thanks!

-VAL