[Techtalk] Grub Error 22

Wendi Wise wendi at choiceprojects.co.za
Mon Jun 25 10:35:12 UTC 2007

Hi

I have reloaded a server that was running Ubuntu 5.10 with ltsp with
Ubuntu 7.04 and now I get the error message above.  I did re-partition
both HDD with / on sda and /home on sdb.

The information I keep getting from the net is that it can't find the
Windows partition, but I never had one to start with.

The conclusion finally is that GRUB is corrupt but what do I do next?  I
have tried to re-install GRUB, but it doesn't accept the device /dev/sda
- but it says could not find a device for /boot : not found or not on
block device.

Regards
Wendi
--