[Techtalk] pclinuxos

AstroGirl astrogirl at spin.net.au
Sat Jun 23 08:35:17 UTC 2007

On Saturday 23 June 2007 3:01:50 pm Roberta Gallini wrote:
> I found this distro in a CD.
> I tried the live version and while it was slow (probably because of my
> drive) I think it's nice.
> Did someone used it?
> If so, how did it go?

I tried PCLinuxOS "TR4" when that came out - worked great. My husband
uses "2007 Final" all the time - it's his distro of choice, and I would use
it too, but the 2007 Final doesn't install on my SCSI hdd (although TR4
worked), and now I miss out. :(

I think it's quite speedy and seems a little more stable than Kubuntu (which
is what I'm using now). When they fix the install 'bug', I'd be happy to use
it again.. although, not if PCBSD 1.4 comes out first. ;) I just love it!
Just the old version of Xorg in 1.3.01 makes it impossible to install the
latest of my favorite programs including Ktorrent and DigiKam.. *sigh*

AstroGirl