[Techtalk] [Courses] A letter from a group of volunteers

Gebhard Dettmar gebhard.dettmar at student.hu-berlin.de
Wed Jun 13 09:18:14 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 01:00, Tricia Bowen wrote:

> As someone who doesn't spend anytime on IRC, because of time
> constraints, it's difficult to make a judgment about what is happening.

Same with me (and I suppose, lots of others, too)

> I have been on this list for too many years and I've never experienced a
> vote of no confidence issue. I would like to hear Mary's response before
> drawing any conclusions? I would hope that the issues can be resolved
> before things get too ugly.

Full ACK. This is obviously a "audiatur et altera pars"-matter. Reading
the issue on techtalk/grlltalk doesn't give a clue at all (banning people
from IRC for no reason, out of dictatorship or what)?
IMHO list-related things could be discussed on-list. I see no reason for
Wikis and so on - if we have a list we have a list, so why not use it?
Just my 2¢
Regards,
Gebhard

--
Man is the only animal that blushes -- or needs to.
		-- Mark Twain