[Techtalk] [Courses] A letter from a group of volunteers

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Wed Jun 13 00:58:33 UTC 2007

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:00:39 -0400
"Tricia Bowen" <tricia.bowen at gmail.com> wrote:

> As someone who doesn't spend anytime on IRC, because of time
> constraints, it's difficult to make a judgment about what is
> happening. I have been on this list for too many years and I've
> never experienced a vote of no confidence issue. I would like to
> hear Mary's response before drawing any conclusions? I would hope
> that the issues can be resolved before things get too ugly.
> --Tricia

I wonder if there aren't many of us who are in the same place as
you, Tricia.  I read most of the lists, contribute when I feel I'm
able without embarassing myself.  And, I just don't like "chat"
software.  Much of the time it seems everyone is talking over
everyone else.  But, I'm getting off topic.

The point is that the only thing I know about the current situation
is what's being said on the lists.  Yet, if the allegations are
true, I'd be hesitant to say that I have much confidence in either
of the women who've been called into questions.  That's in addition
to my current feelings of having been "stung" by one of them
already.

I would really like to hear both sides, in an impartial manner.  If
that's via IRC, then I guess I'll depend on others.

--
Raquel