[Techtalk] [Issues] [Grrltalk] calling for Mary Gardiner's resignation as Coordinator

Augustina Blair missaugustina at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 19:01:53 UTC 2007

I personally have been banned from an all female group (a roller derby
league actually).  It happened without a group vote or discussion and
without regard for the time and effort I had invested.  I don't know the
history of this particular incident, but making administrative decisions,
like banning someone or appointing someone into a position of responsibility
without democratic vote is not OK.  Rather than pushing back with more
forced change, I would agree with the suggestion of a mediated discussion.

Is there a general code of conduct or any document that outlines what a
director's responsibilities are, what participating members'
responsibilities are, and what the disciplinary process is for violations?
If not then maybe one goal of the mediated discussion (or series of
discussions) should be to draft one, or to vote/appoint on a committee to
draft one and propose it to the organization.

As far as the domain being in one person's name, how was this done
previously?  Maybe that's something that should also be discussed in a
formal discussion.

Augustina