[Techtalk] Joomla

Linda de Boer ldb at swmbo.ca
Sun Jul 15 22:34:42 UTC 2007

G'day

I have done websites manually up until now. I've also stuck with doing
assembler and C without using development kits for the most part. Alot
of that was just being a die hard about it all. Ah, but I must come out
of my cave, put aside my club and move on....;-)

I have Joomla installed, I understand how to change the templates once I
have them installed and how to setup and organize the content. What I
cannot for the life of me, wrap my head around is how I can use it to
run more than one client site.

I have an Administrator login and two others that are just publishers. I
try logging in as one of the "users" and I don't seem to have any
options to locally change the template and content. As far as I can tell
I'm only able to do this via Administrator, but then it's all the same
for both users (I have contacts attached to them too).

Googling hasn't gotten me anywhere yet, nor has just poking around and
trying to see if any tutorials neglected to leave that part out.

I realize that I am not thinking the right way for a CMS and it's
probably some really tiny point that I'm stuck on, but can anyone please
help me think like a CMS before my head gets any flatter from the bashing?

Extraneous information welcome, I'd rather be told too much, or given
too many links than too little.

Thanks very much ............;-)

--
ldb