[Techtalk] two ubuntu distros on one computer

Roberta Gallini regina.amazzone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 08:37:55 UTC 2007

Let me know if I got it right:

1) I put my live-installation CD into the drive.
2) when I repartition I put the /boot directory in a primary partition
on its own
3) now I start the installation and GRUB will be in a "reserved partition".

In order to have the former installation working I think that I have
to copy its content into the new boot partition, but when do I do so?

And another question: after the two installations, I would like to
read some of the files in my current /home.

I tried to share it, but when it asked me the name of the host to
trust, I didn't know what to write.

Is that so because I hadn't a host (not having installed the new OS)?

When I have one, what shall I write?

Thank you for your advice.

Roberta