[Techtalk] Cisco SSL VPN and Mandriva Linux

Carol Williams carolswilliams at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:15:06 UTC 2007

Sorry sent the first reply straight to Wim,

The extension didn't work but it did give me a clearer error message to give
to my VPN administrator so she can uncheck more boxes. :-)

Thanks again,

Carol

On 1/24/07, Wim De Smet <kromagg at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/23/07, Carol Williams <carolswilliams at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does anybody know the secret configuration to getting Cisco's SSL VPN to
> > work correctly with Mandriva Linux?  I use Firefox as my main browser
> and
> > keep getting "unreconized OS/Browser" when I come in.  The VPN
> administrator
> > has even turned off host checking for linux for me and it still won't
> let me
> > connect.  Any ideals?
>
> I don't know but have you tried having firefox send an internet
> explorer user agent? You can use this extension:
> http://chrispederick.com/work/useragentswitcher/
> or do some magic in the conffiles somewhere.
>
> greets,
> Wim

If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless
manner, you have learned how to live.  -- Lin Yutang