[Techtalk] Gnome wireless manager?

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Jan 23 19:17:45 UTC 2007

Ar Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 01:12:47PM -0800, ysgrifennodd Carla Schroder:

> > NetworkManager is your friend (you may need NetworkManager-gnome for the
> > applet)

> Apparently there is no timeout; I left it for an hour and it kept running the
> whole time, hammering both hard drive and CPU. Why the hard drive? Another
> Gnome mystery. I managed to whack-a-mole it until some actual configuration
> windows appeared and then got it set up. Is it supposed to be so elusive?
> This is on FC6.

Local Fedora guru asks why it might be hammering the disc, because he
doesn't think it should be. He is curious whether there is anything in
dmesg or syslog about this. And says that perhaps its the hardware,
(but he likes to blame the hardware).

(Happy new year and all that, btw :))

Telsa