[Techtalk] ASSP

Linda de Boer ldb at swmbo.ca
Sat Jan 20 19:32:31 UTC 2007

Linda de Boer wrote:
> G'day
>
> Okay, I have definitely tried to fix this for too long. I have an assp
> install, ASSP 1.2.6. I want to run it as user "assp" group "assp" and
> therefore need the permissions on assp.cfg set to such. Every time I
> launch assp.pl, it resets the permissions. I have attempted to use the
> "$runAsUser" and "$runAsGroup" settings within the script but do not
> seem to be able to reset the permissions back and end up with it always
> owned by root. This keeps my web interface from  updating it.

G'day

Yep, it definitely helps to put out a query, therefore feeling like you
have a moment to hit the beer and bring yourself down a peg or two. So,
don't try testing this manually as root, it overrrides whatever you'll
tell it in the script. I'm trying a different avenue of testing at this
point, hopefully it works.

I've got to get one of the Tux penguins back so I can talk these things
over with him again. Before re-organizing our study that really worked
well, now I have the cat instead and he's not always here...........;-/

--
ldb