[Techtalk] RE: Content Management Systems

Tamara Harpster tamara.harpster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 16:31:26 UTC 2007

Just make sure to copy over all of the files, including the Drupal files.
You will need to do a setup of the database and may choose to do a reinstall
of the system, then upload your exported SQL data to the database. At least
that's what I do with Joomla. I suspect if you look through the Drupal
forums you would find an answer to that question or in the docs that come
with it.

tamara

On 1/10/07, Linda de Boer <ldb at swmbo.ca> wrote:

> G'day
>
> One other item that I can't seem to find a solid answer on, is if you
> can actually take something like  Drupal, create the website, but export
> it to another server that doesn't have any drupal setup on it.
>
> I think after many years of living life on the command line, I have to
> overcome being a tad "gui challenged".....;-/
>
> Hopefully I'm not aiming at the wrong tool here..........
> --
> ldb

"Do not anger the dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"