[Techtalk] is Evolution ready for prime time?

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Feb 21 21:01:51 UTC 2007

Kathryn Hogg writes:
> Since Jan 1, I've been using Thunderbird since that is what the new
> company supports.  I have to send out my weekly status report in HTML and
> thunderbird will not let me do that on a per message basis.  I have to go
> into account settings, set my compose preferences to HTML, send the email,
> and then put it back to plain text.

I don't use T'bird, but in Mozilla Mail (now part of Seamonkey), if you
shift-clicked on the Reply or Compose button, you got a compose window
with the opposite of your normal HTML compose preference. There was
also a place to change the send status for individual messages (so
you could send as text even if you'd composed in html). T'bird
doesn't offer either of those?

I just checked on my husband's copy (I don't have T'bird set up
here) and shift-click works (shift-click on Reply brought up an
HTML compose window when his usual pref is Plain), so that should
solve your problem.  I don't see the send format in the Options menu
of the compose window, which is where I'd expect it, so maybe they
removed that from T'bird.

--
    ...Akkana
    "Beginning GIMP: From Novice to Professional": http://gimpbook.com