[Techtalk] FPD vs CRT adjustment

Kelly Jones kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 22:18:13 UTC 2007

I recently switched from a CRT to an FPD, and noticed:

 % "Afterimages": I have dark text on a light background. I see "ghost
 characters" where-ever there's a space, and especially at the end of a
 line. So "N" on a line by itself looks like "N [faint image of N]" to
 me.

 % The OSD "phase" setting on my FPD controls how "sharp" my
 characters look. But, when the characters look really good and
 crisp/sharp, the screen flickers. When I make the characters fuzzier,
 the flickering goes away.

Is this normal, or have I gotten stuck w/ a bad FPD?

Are there any tests I can run to confirm it's a bad FPD, and not just me?