[Techtalk] ubuntu and vista

Wim De Smet kromagg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 18:15:01 UTC 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 11:50 AM, Roberta Gallini <regina.amazzone at gmail.com> wrote:
> I didn't try yet, not enough time.
>
> A question concerning Grub about which I didn't find a unique answer:
> when grub asks if I have to put into the MBR, what shall I answer?
>
> Yes or no?

When your computer starts it loads the boot loader in the MBR. That
boot loader is then usually responsible to load a particular boot
loader installed with each individual OS. Right now you probably have
the windows bootloader installed there. You can install grub in the
MBR and have it take over the task of booting the three OS's. You can
also keep the windows bootloader and have it boot linux I think though
I wouldn't know how to configure it.

So basically, if you want grub to be responsible for managing the
booting process, the answer is yes.

greets,
Wim