[Techtalk] digital photo editing hardware

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sun Dec 9 00:29:01 UTC 2007

Hey all,

My main workstation has an AMD Sempron 3000 + I GB RAM, and I have been happy
with it. Until now, that is, since I started doing some heavy-duty digital
photo management and editing. The CPU redlines often, and the poor thing bogs
down when I'm editing 8 MB raw files. So I'm thinking of upgrading. It hardly
ever touches swap, so it seems main deal is a CPU upgrade, plus whatever goes
along with that.

Any opinions? Advice? Dual-core? Exotic RAMs?

thanks!
Carla
--
Carla Schroder