[Techtalk] Mailman 2.1.9 and the headers/footers patch

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sat Dec 8 07:54:52 UTC 2007

On 7-Dec-07, at 11:45 AM, Linda Pahdoco wrote:
> I want to put the patch on that does the HTML header/footer (described
> here
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2005-February/
> 017850.html)
> because they lose the footer when mail with an attachment is sent
> to the
> list.
[snip]
> I suspect the issue is changes in the failed files due to updates to
> mailman between the patch writing (mm 2.1.5) and my version (mm
> 2.1.9).
>
> Can I just manually replace the sections without doing any harm?

I don't know offhand about this patch, but it's probably safe enough
to replace sections manually without doing any harm.   I've done it
with other patches in the past.

That said, usual precautions apply.  Do it on a test installation
first, and see if it works with a test list!

Is this something that might have been fixed in 2.0.10, though?
Because the 1st beta is out if you want to give that a go instead.  I
don't recall seeing it listed, but I didn't read the notes to carefully.

  Terri