[Techtalk] Mailman 2.1.9 and the headers/footers patch

Linda Pahdoco linda at meridian-ds.com
Fri Dec 7 16:45:24 UTC 2007

Hi List.

I know we've got a couple of mailman developers on the list, but I don't
care who answers.

I'm running mailman 2.1.9 on CentOS 4.4 (yes, I know I need to
upgrade).  This machine only does lists for one client - but believe me,
I *DON'T* want to piss this client off.

I want to put the patch on that does the HTML header/footer (described
here
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2005-February/017850.html)
because they lose the footer when mail with an attachment is sent to the
list.  This is an organization of lawyers, and the footer is vital to
them not having to produce these emails in court if they should ever be
requested.

When I ran the patch process, these are my results:

patching file mailman/Mailman/Gui/NonDigest.py
Hunk #1 succeeded at 133 with fuzz 2.
patching file mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Decorate.py
Hunk #5 FAILED at 231.
mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Decorate.py.rej
patching file mailman/Mailman/MailList.py
patching file mailman/Mailman/Version.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 36.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
mailman/Mailman/Version.py.rej
patching file mailman/Mailman/versions.py

I suspect the issue is changes in the failed files due to updates to
mailman between the patch writing (mm 2.1.5) and my version (mm 2.1.9).

Can I just manually replace the sections without doing any harm?

Thanks,
LP