[Techtalk] Command line communication with other users on server

Magni Onsoien magnio+lc-techtalk at pvv.ntnu.no
Mon Dec 3 19:13:36 UTC 2007

On 2007-12-03 10:01:07 -0800, Cristina Ingram said:
> Hi All!
>
> I know there is a way to communicate (chat) with users via the command line
> while logged into a server with other users, but I can not remember for the
> life of me!
>
> Some fellow students and I want to be able to chat while we work, but I am
> lost.

I suppose you are thinking about 'talk' or 'write', not command-line irc-,
msn- or jabber clients?

(I think I would prefer some of the latter for colloboration (mostly due
ot a smoother and more configurable user interface), but talk and write do
work and you don't need to connect to a remote server to use them.)

Magni :)
--
sash is very good for you.