[Techtalk] Command line communication with other users on server

Glen Strom gstrom at teksavvy.com
Mon Dec 3 19:09:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 10:01:07 -0800
"Cristina Ingram" <compscicris at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi All!
>
>I know there is a way to communicate (chat) with users via the command
>line while logged into a server with other users, but I can not
>remember for the life of me!
>
>Some fellow students and I want to be able to chat while we work, but
>I am lost.

There are two ancient UNIX commands that I know of (you may need to
blow the dust off of them first ;-> ) One is called "talk" and the
other is called "write". They both have a short man page.

I've never used either, so I don't know how well they work, but I think
that's what you want.

--
Glen Strom
gstrom at teksavvy.com