[Techtalk] upgrading debian

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Thu Aug 23 00:39:27 UTC 2007

Hi there,

I upgraded my kernel from 2.4 to 2.6. If I boot into 2.6, networking
does not work. I have tried all sorts of things to get it to work
(mostly making various changes to /etc/network/interfaces), but can't do
it. I've been wanting to move from main to testing for a while, so I
thought maybe doing a dist-upgrade would solve the problem. Of course, I
can only do this when I am booted into the 2.4 kernel. When I try to do
it, apt-get wants to remove the 2.4 kernel, which I'm not ready to do.
So now I am stuck, and not sure what to do. Ideas?

thanks,
maria