[Techtalk] The Regex Coach

Figaro ynegorp at charter.net
Sat Aug 11 05:12:32 UTC 2007

Well you could just download the .rpm, save it somewhere to your liking;
open a terminal window
su to root then  issue:
 # alien -s /home/mydirectory/regex-coach-xxx-i386.rpm (or what ever is
appropriate for your dir and regex package)
press enter and watch alien build you a .deb.
>From there, as root;
# dpkg -i /home/mydir/regex-x.-xx.-x.i386.deb  press enter and watch for
errors.
 You will need to have the program named: alien installed first. The -s
flag ensures that all the prei-nstall and post-install scripts are read
(built) into the .deb package. Though there is usually not any problem.
I hope this is of some use.
matthew