[Techtalk] Shopping carts

Poppy Lochridge poppychix at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 14:12:06 UTC 2007

Hi all

I'm in something like my 3rd week - I've lost track already - of my
new job, and working on building a web store for a client. I have
*almost* exactly what they want in ZenCart, but it's missing some key
shipping components, specifically the ability to set a shipping price
per item and the ability to select particular shipping methods for
some items but not for others. (Example: Item A ships from the
warehouse where they have a fixed price for shipping, but Item D
ships from the office and they use UPS to ship.)

Does anyone have experience with shopping carts and could recommend
either a good place to look for free/cheap shipping modules OR
recommend an alternate app which might have these options built in?
I've not learned php yet, and I'm not going to be able to build a
custom shipping module for this project without something mostly
together to start with.

Thanks
--Poppy