[Techtalk] Using weekly backup disk to store partial full backup as well?

Conor Daly c.daly at met.ie
Mon Apr 2 09:26:54 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 08:24:26PM +0200 or thereabouts, Doc Nielsen wrote:
> Off Topic - just a quick hint
>
> On 4/1/07, R. Daneel Olivaw <linuxchix at r-daneel.com> wrote:
> >- I heard of an extension in WinXP to read Ext2/Ext3 "natively", so
> >sticking to it may raise interoperability.
>
> http://ext2fsd.sourceforge.net/projects/projects.htm
>
> i use it often, to move files from my $HOME to windows, but it has
> only ext2 write support, due to the journal in ext3 which cannot be
> emulated.

That should be no problem as the disk cache should be flushed at reboot time
anyhow.

Conor
--
Conor Daly,
Met Eireann, Glasnevin Hill,

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.
This e-mail message has also been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

Ta an riomhphost seo, agus aon chomhad ata nasctha leis, faoi run agus is don te a seoladh chuige amhain e. Ma tharla go bhfuair tu an riomhphost seo tri dhearmad cuir in iul don te a sheol e led' thoil.

Ta an teachtaireacht riomhphoist seo scuabtha le bogearrai frithvireas.