[Techtalk] iSCSI

Gina Lanik geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at
Tue Mar 14 03:33:04 EST 2006

Hi,

can anyone here point me to good documentation and software with regard to
iSCSI?

I'm trying to set up a test environment for a Red Hat Cluster and I from
what I learned I need some kind of shared disk device as "quorum" (lock
disk). We do have a SAN but I can't join the two machines to it since that
would be too expensive (HBAs, software license, not many free ports on the
SAN switches, etc.). A friend of mine recommended looking into iSCSI so
here I am :-) The OS on both servers is RHEL ES 4 (I can install AS 4 if
that makes any difference) and I do have a bunch of RHEL and Debian servers
which I can use as the "target" machines.

Thanks in advance for any advice or other ideas how I could manage this!

Cheers,

Gina
--
Gina Lanik                      :: LinuxChix member
SysAdmin & DBA                  :: http://www.linuxchix.org/