[Techtalk] Descriptions in KDE menus

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 09:37:42 EST 2006

Andrea Landaker <qirien at icecavern.net> writes:

>> Is there a way of getting the menu to display the description?  Also,
>> how do you change the size of the icons in the menu - I have spent
>> ages trying to find answers to these two questions, but with no
>> success.
>
> You should be able to find this setting in the KDE Control Center (kcontrol),
> under Desktop -> Panels -> Menus.  You can pick if it just shows the name,
> Name (Description), or Description (Name).  You can have it show the icon or
> not, though I don't see any way from here to change the icon size.
>
> Hope this helps!

It does - thanks a lot.  It doesn't seem the most obvious place for
them to have put it, but never mind.  And I don't see any way of
getting rid of the icons, but I don't want to do that any way.

Funny thing is, I'm sure I used to have bigger icons in the menu until
it got too cluttered, then I made them smaller.  But I can't for the
life of me remember how it was done.

Thanks again.

David

david at aeolia.co.uk