[Techtalk] /usr Partition

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Thu Jan 19 15:44:03 EST 2006

Did I reply to just you, I had intended it to go to the list! Sorry

I think it depends upon what other partitions you have and how you are
going to use your Linux.  What I did was use only 2 partitions, one for
/usr (which includes /var) and one for /home .  I divided the space I
had in half.

I found this worked for me because otherwise either /usr or /var ran out
of space.  I don't do much sys admin, I found this worked for me, and I
was able to get on with my studies without problems.

sue