[Techtalk] Attachment stripping and storing for Mailman

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sun Dec 31 01:13:09 UTC 2006

On Sun, Dec 31, 2006, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> I guess you're saying that *anything* with a learning curve is just not
> feasible, yes?

Well, probably ultimately feasible, but having something that allows
*them* to stick to a process they already know (attaching pictures to
email) and having some software that can then convert it to the desired
process (URL to webpage is sent out) is definitely the easiest. And it
looks like Mailman is theorectically capable of this in version 2.1.8,
once I sort out woes like it not understanding the us-ascii character
encoding (!!!)

-Mary