[Techtalk] Attachment stripping and storing for Mailman

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sun Dec 17 22:22:56 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> Does anyone know of any Mailman add-on that will strip non-text
> attachments from a message, store them at a URL, and re-write the
> message footer/attachments to provide that URL?[1]

I basically want exactly what Barry Warsaw describes at
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3844:

"...there is a project contributor who has implemented a MIME attachment
scanner module which can be dropped into the pipeline. This module can
strip attachments from the message, post the attachments to an external
archive (either the file system or a WebDAV server) and then rewrite the
outgoing message to include a URL to the attachment instead of the
attachment text."

Unfortunately he provides no link or name for this module.

-Mary