[Techtalk] Attachment stripping and storing for Mailman

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Sun Dec 17 22:08:33 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I have some private Mailman lists to which users like to send huge
attachments. Re-training in the "put it on the web and send a link"
manner has proven impossible: they apparently find it easier to munge
together the subscription list (it's fairly small and the subscribers
know each other) from their address books and send out big attachments
via Cc, bypassing Mailman.

Does anyone know of any Mailman add-on that will strip non-text
attachments from a message, store them at a URL, and re-write the
message footer/attachments to provide that URL?[1]

-Mary

[1] Please don't suggest I write one. Yes, I know I probably could. I am
writing this message in part in order to avoid doing so.