[Techtalk] smb/cifs shares no longer accessible to apache

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Mon Aug 21 13:14:56 UTC 2006

I thought of a workaround for this problem last night
and it actually works. I'm running Tomcat on this
server as well, so I added a

     JkMount /*.mp3 ajp13

to the VirtualHost entries that need to post mp3 files
and it now works fine.

Very weird, and probably extra load on my system
but I don't know what else to try. Over the weekend
I've rebooted into a previous kernel version (that
this used to work under) and it still won't let me
mount windows shares as smbfs.

Anyway... it's functional at the moment, so I guess
I'm content!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions...
Walt

-~

     Really, if the lower orders don't set us a good example,
     what on earth is the use of them?
                         Oscar Wilde