[Techtalk] smb/cifs shares no longer accessible to apache

Mike cj at 4x4specialty.com
Mon Aug 14 00:58:32 UTC 2006

make sure samba is running. /etc/init.d/smb restart
Also if you are using a gui and it is kde you might have to configure lisad
usually just works by default in gnome.

> It's me again.
>
> I recently did a bunch of upgrades on one of my
> Fedora machines and now can no longer mount
> smb shares from windows machines as type
> "smbfs". Instead, I have to use "cifs". This seems
> to basically be working and the files are accesible
> from the command line once mounted. In the past,
> I had mounted some smbfs shares of audio files on
> the server to be able to include them on a web site
> without actually copying them all to the server.
> Mounting the shares as cifs, however, breaks this
> functionality. The apache logs say the file cannot
> be found. I've tried adjusting permissions, etc, but
> nothing seems to make any difference.
>
> Any ideas...?
>
> Thanks!
> Walt
>
> -~
>

>      Conscience is like a baby.  It has to go to sleep before
>      you can.
>                              Anon

Chowder: All right, vacuum cleaner dummy, I'm setting you down on the
lawn. Don't be scared, that's not how you were trained.
[slight pause]
Chowder: I love you, vacuum cleaner dummy.