[Techtalk] smb/cifs shares no longer accessible to apache

Walt pippin at freeshell.org
Tue Aug 15 19:38:43 UTC 2006

It's me again.

I recently did a bunch of upgrades on one of my
Fedora machines and now can no longer mount
smb shares from windows machines as type
"smbfs". Instead, I have to use "cifs". This seems
to basically be working and the files are accesible
from the command line once mounted. In the past,
I had mounted some smbfs shares of audio files on
the server to be able to include them on a web site
without actually copying them all to the server.
Mounting the shares as cifs, however, breaks this
functionality. The apache logs say the file cannot
be found. I've tried adjusting permissions, etc, but
nothing seems to make any difference.

Any ideas...?

Thanks!
Walt

-~

     Conscience is like a baby.  It has to go to sleep before
     you can.
                             Anon