[Techtalk] Mail copy on server question

Melissa Meyer mel at pantless.net
Mon Sep 12 10:48:17 EST 2005

On Sun, Sep 11, 2005 at 05:09:13PM -0700, Paul W wrote:
> Lisa Bogue wrote:
>

> >On Sep 11, 2005, at 12:14 PM, Paul W wrote:
> >
> >>On a company mail server using Postfix & Mandriva 10.2, I would like
> >>to send a copy of any email coming in for one user to another user all
> >>done on the server. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
> >>

> >Hi Paul-
> >
> >Have you already looked at using a mail alias for this?  Typically with
> >mail aliases you can do either of this type of delivery:
> >
> >alias       delivered to
> >joe        jane
> >joe        joe, jane
> >

> Somehow it didn't occur to me it would be that easy ;-) This
> doesn't create a loop, huh?

Either a mail alias, a .forward file, or using sieve mail filtering.
Sieve and Postfix work very well together and there's a great module for
Squirrelmail that allows users to make their own sieve filters.

With a .forward file, you add an option to it so a loop doesn't happen -
the info for that is in the unix vacation program.