[Techtalk] Linux Laptops

BEJ babayaga at resistance-is-fruitful.net
Thu Oct 27 21:18:02 EST 2005

  The problem with any computer is that the models change every 3-6
months. And you're back to looking up specs. I think it's most helpful
to determine compatibility at the chipset level. I don't recommend Acer,
because they're not very well built and their customer support is fair
at best, but I have an Acer Aspire 3502 and things work pretty well (the
WLAN is dying, but that's hardware). WLAN is Atheros, video is SiS, erm
. . . can't remember the other things off the top of my head.

regards,
Beth
--
"Friends don't let friends write junk."