[Techtalk] Logwatch (cron.daily) problem

Noir acknak_halflife at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 17:10:06 EST 2005

I run logwatch(8) to get cron.daily every night mailed
out to me. But in every mail there is this the
following entry -

----Cron Begin----
**Unmatched Entries**
error (bad mailto)
error (bad mailto)
error (bad mailto)
error (bad mailto)
----Cron End------

All the other entries like Disk Space, Pam Unix are
coming fine.

I had some invalid email addresses in /etc/crontab
which I have now corrected to root, eg.
"MAILTO=root". Also, the email address in
/etc/cron.daily/
00-logwatch is set to root.

I am not sure what is causing this annoying problem.
My mail is going fine from this box. Googling didn't
give me much. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

Do I need to restart any services after changing some
entries in Logwatch?

TIA