[Techtalk] ruby course?

Kjersti Bjørnestad Berg kjersti.b.berg at start.no
Sat Oct 8 01:39:17 EST 2005

fre, 07,.10.2005 kl. 11.57 +0200, skrev Karine Delvare:
> > The main disadvantages is that some people may
> > prefer to use their money other ways, some don't seem to relate to a
> > book.  There are plenty of on-line reference that's free.
>
> Sorry I was unclear, it was a free online book, described as very funny
> and easy to follow. I'll dig the archives to find it again.

I believe the Programming Ruby by Dave Thomas et al. is available
online, although not the second edition which covers Ruby v. 1.8.
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/index.html

I've used the online book to get started, and I think it's quite simple
to follow. The same authors have also published a book on Rails, which
I've bought and just recently started reading.

How about if all who are interested come up with an assignment, which we
then try to solve and discuss our solutions on the list? I've seen a
couple of assignments or small tasks that could be useful for getting
started, moving beyond the Hello World stage.

Kjersti