[Techtalk] SpamAssassin

Esme esme at nocturnal.clara.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 10:24:58 EST 2005

Scott St. John (SSJ Web) wrote:

> Speaking of which, I am running web hosting, email and DNS for
> several customers - a side business
> for me.  I have been using SpamAssassin, but have been very
> disappointed in the results lately.
> I have read about something called dshield and a few others.
>
> Just looking for some thoughts if anyone is using any of these tools
> and how you like them?

Never could get SpamAssasin to work, personally - but then, I'm not an
advanced user.  In fact, despite not being particularly struck on
Thunderbird (email program) on the whole, the one thing I really DO like
about it is that it has built-in junk mail detection that actually works
to some extent. First time I've experienced that kind of thing at all...

Esme