[Techtalk] Linux Laptops

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Thu Nov 3 17:23:47 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 08:55:43PM -0800, Caitlyn Martin wrote:
> The coolest (and probably slowest) currently on the
> market laptop that I absolutely, positively know works
> correctly with Linux is the Toshiba Libretto U105.
> The reason for the seemingly ancient 1.2GHz Pentium M
> processor is that this is a machine the size of a
> paperback book weighing all of 2.16lbs. (less than a
> kilo).  There is definitely a geek cool factor about
> running a Libretto and it is probably the only system
> worth a darn that will fit in most of my pocket books
> :)

Naw, I personally prefer a laptop where one can *see* the screen. ;-P
I even consider a 12" screen to be too small.  Though I noticed on the
Lenovo site their new X-series Tablets, which are 12" with a
touch-screen which flips around, so you can draw on it with the stylus
just as if you were using a clipboard.  That's almost cool enough to
tempt me, if I could be sure that the touch-screen would also work in
Linux.

But 12" seems awfully small.  Though for a Tablet it's rather large, I
suppose.

Kathryn Andersen