[Techtalk] ADSL NB5 gateway webserver problems

Kathryn Hogg kjh at flyballdogs.com
Tue May 31 13:35:44 EST 2005

My stupid DSL modem works more or less the same.  My static IP address is
allocated to the modem and all my computers sit behind NAT.  I have to
configure port forwarding for the services I want open to the world.

Where it pain comes in is that the Actiontec modem is brain dead and the
iptables rules are borked so that it won't route to the external IP
address from the internal lan.

Since I only have a handful of machines, I just edited all the hosts files
so that my public host names are set to 192.168.0.x and then set
nsswitch.conf to search hosts before dns.

--
Kathryn
http://womensfooty.com