[Techtalk] Script to determine if logged in

Meryll Larkin alwanza at oz.net
Thu May 19 01:11:38 EST 2005

Use "w" to find who is logged in and what they are doing

With cron you don't need to be logged in to get the message if you have the
command output emailed to yourself or messaged in some other way outside the
system.

Put it together with either a Perl script or shell plus awk (maybe plus
sed).

Meryll