[Techtalk] Script to determine if logged in

Dan dan at cellectivity.com
Wed May 18 20:35:25 EST 2005

I'm trying to write a cron job to determine if I'm logged in. There are
several kludges that I could use, but does anyone know of a good way?

As a variant, is there a good way to determine if ANYONE is logged in,
or logged into X Windows?

Such a script is possible but not easy to test, because part of testing
it requires, er, running the program without being logged in.

--
The characters Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street were named after
Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "It's A