[Techtalk] TIP: Wikalong improves web browsing

Megan Golding mgolding at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Mar 23 02:31:39 EST 2005

Here's an interesting Firefox extension: Wikalong. It puts a
Wiki sidebar alongside  your web browser. Think of it as an
annotatable web.

http://www.wikalong.org/

I installed it because of the promise of a See Also... repo-
sitory for web browsing. If Wikalong works right, I can imagine
"Hey, I was looking for something like this, too. Try this
other site" notes next to web pages.

The A9 toolbar (www.a9.com) is also an interesting idea, thanks
to the diary. You can also make notes about web pages you visit.
A9's diary is private while Wikalong is public.

Annotated-by-anyone web pages -- and I can turn these notes on
and off with a keystroke -- could be a really useful extension
to the web.

Megan Golding

--
Life with Rachel, one mom's journey: http://www.kalamitykat.com