[Techtalk] Recommend a pswd manager?

Julie Bovee joulie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 05:57:11 EST 2005

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 19:59:21 -0500, Katie Bechtold
<katie at katie-and-rob.org> wrote:
> I don't know how easy it was to write, but someone else has done it:
> http://pasonda.sourceforge.net/.  I've been using that one for a
> couple years now, and I haven't had any problems with it (that I've
> been aware of, naturally).
>
> --
> Katie Bechtold         http://katie-and-rob.org/

Thanks, Katie, that looks like the sort of thing I'd like to have. I'm
not sure if I'll try that particular one or not, though. It looks like
it's been in beta with no activity since 8/2002, and I have an
irrational adversion to anything PHP ever since reading "Exploiting
Software" by Hogland/McGraw (even though I know lots of people,
including my SO, use PHP extensively to run all kinds of really
successful sites).

Maybe I'll just try my hand at writing it myself, since I'm probably
too picky and anal about it and will find reasons to reject most any
tool I find. Then at least I'll know in detail any security issues it
has, and can only blame myself if it fails.

Julie