[Techtalk] PHP, session variables & cookies

Sue Stones suzo at spin.net.au
Sun Mar 6 14:56:52 EST 2005

I am looking into the legal implications of the website that I have just
written, (reminderanywhere.com) and working on a privacy statement.
(Well I'm not doing much of the work on the privacy statement, I made my
partner do it).

But the issue has come up of whether we are using cookies.  I have kept
track of the user id using a session variable.  But I don't know
anything about how session variables work, and whether that involves
using cookies to keep track of the session.  Does anyone understand the
internals of PHP in the regard?

thanks

sue