[Techtalk] wget (resume download)

Noir acknak_halflife at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 18:47:45 EST 2005

I been trying to download files from a ftp directory
but in the middle of the download it gets
disconnected; I want wget to resume downloading from
where I last finished.

Basically, I want wget to check the local directory/
folder for half-downloaded files and if the local file
size is less than the FTP file size, the file will be
downloaded again from the last download.

the current switch i am using is:

wget -np -nc -r ftp://ftp.dir/

also,

wget -np -nc -r -c ftp://ftp.dir/

>From the manpage I read the I should use the -c
switch; but it is not working. wget is just skipping
the half-installed files instead of comparing the
local copy with the server copy. It says "already
there, not retreiving"

any help would be appreciated.

.noir