[Techtalk] Inexpensive ATA/SATA RAID?

Elwing elwing at elwing.org
Sun Jul 31 02:13:13 EST 2005

I love the 3ware RAID cards - actual hardware support - as in you
really don't need a separate driver for RAID unless you want to read/
rebuild while the system is booting.

They tend towards server class hardware, but I use their 7006-2
product - only allows two drives per card, so I have two cards - two
mirroed arrays. (their only ATA product)

They have more SATA hardware though. :)

I paid about $120 for each of my cards almost two years ago, so I
consider them inexpensive.

Elwing