[Techtalk] gtk versions question

Patricia Fraser trish at thefrasers.org
Sun Jul 17 12:01:11 EST 2005

Hi all,

I'm having an interesting problem getting Audacity to run on my system.
I'm using Mandriva 2005LE, a clean install; previously I had run cooker
and then updated it, and had no problems there.

The error I get (regardless of version) on running Audacity is this:

(audacity:7706): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_accel_label_new: assertion
`string != NULL' failed

(audacity:7706): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_misc_set_alignment: assertion
`GTK_IS_MISC (misc)' failed

(audacity:7706): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_container_add: assertion
`GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(audacity:7706): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_accel_label_set_accel_widget:
assertion `GTK_IS_ACCEL_LABEL (accel_label)' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I've tried various versions of wxgtk and wxgtk-devel, and tried various
versions of Audacity with all of them, but I'm beginning to think that
it's actually a mismatch between the wxgtk libraries and gtk itself.
Has anyone got any ideas how I would go about finding the right match?

I've downloaded the source rpm and rebuilt it - same problem. I've
downloaded both the stable and cvs sources and been unable to compile
them, which is where I got the idea about the mismatch from - but I
don't understand the compile errors enough to track down the fault.

Hope someone has some ideas; even a list of the gtk versions from a
working system would be helpful!

Cheers,

--
Trish Fraser, Sunbury, Australia