[Techtalk] Does anyone use emacs for email?

David Sumbler david at aeolia.co.uk
Sun Jul 10 09:30:56 EST 2005

Angelina Carlton <brat at magma.ca> writes:

> David thank you for your help. I have gnus pretty much set up but it was
> not easy, I ended up converting my old mail to mbox format and importing
> it into gnus with the nnml back end.
>
> Then I set up splitting which seems to work so I have gotten rid of
> procmail for now, and gnus just grabs my mail from the spool and sorts
> it internally.
>
> The manual tells me that gnus will never expire my mail unless I tell it
> to, but then goes on to say the default expiry is 7 days
> (I keep all my mail, and only manually delete it if its something I
> don't like, spam for example) So for now just in case gnus does expire
> something:
>
> (setq nnmail-expiry-target "nnml:expired")
>
> So basically it is set up and seems to work quite nicely, so
> thanks again!

Glad you've got it all working.  You'll no doubt go on to refine
things, but the possibilities are so vast I don't seem to have
scratched the surface.  I use topics, though, and have things set up
to check my mail every two minutes and update the *Group* buffer.
Also a few refinements to the behaviour of the *Summary* buffer.

Anyway, have fun!

David

--

David Sumbler