[Techtalk] Mac OSX and the gimp

Elwing elwing at elwing.org
Sun Jul 3 01:45:52 EST 2005

what version of OS X is this?

The compilers and associated tools (and usually X) is on the
installation CD/DVD, but are not typically installed - you need to
install them separately.  X11 is separately downloadable from Apple's
home page (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/
x11formacosx.html)

Another project you may want to look at for him is fink or
DarwinPorts  fink is an apt-get system, and DarwinPorts is a FreeBSD
like ports tree.

http://fink.sourceforge.net/
http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/

Elwing